Sunday 17 May 2020

Episode 134 - A Trail of Perfume


As I was walking to work one day this week, I noticed a smell. A pleasant smell. As I walked along I looked into the hedgerow to see if it was the flowers, but as I continued walking the smell was still there as strong as before and it continued long after I had passed the hedgerows and flowers. This remained a mystery for a while until I noticed a woman in the distance who had been walking ahead of me all the while. I had seen her right from the beginning of my journey, I just hadn’t noticed her. The smell must have been her perfume! I find it funny that someone I had never met, someone whose face I’ve never seen, someone who I wouldn’t be able to recognise, had made such an impact on my journey, and had done so without realising or ever finding out.


It made me think of all the colleagues I had in my life with whom I never worked with directly but whose work effected my ability to do my job. Whether it be previous engineers who maintained the machines I now look after before I joined the department, or the people who brought the spare parts up from the service yard, or the countless other people who unknowingly impact me every day. And I thought about how what they do and have done can really make my life much easier or much harder, much better or much worse. It’s amazing that we all share this planet together and that my journey is intertwined with so many people who I will never know or meet, but whose life I will change in some small way for better or worse without either of us knowing. I wonder whether or not I leave a sweet smell behind me.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely awful mate but I never had the nerve to tell you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542 

      Delete