Sunday 10 May 2020

Episode 133 - Not Such a Great Deal


Today I came across an incredible deal. A free mouse (of the computer variety not the mammal kind) for every customer. You didn't even have to make any other purchase, all you had to do was pay for postage and packaging. This worked out at about $15 for a $80 mouse. It was a very good mouse. As mice go, this was the bee's knees. Anything you could want from a mouse it could do. And several things you probably wouldn't want a mouse to be able to do too. This was a great deal. And I was very tempted to buy it. There was just one problem. I don't actually need a new mouse. I already have one, and I can't really use two at the same time now can I?


Not only did I not need a new mouse, but actually I didn't want a new mouse either. Yes this mouse is newer than my mouse. Yes this mouse is worth more than my mouse despite costing less. Yes it has excellent reviews. Yes it has more features than my mouse. Yes it can do things that I didn't even know mice could do. But I like my mouse. I know it. I'm used to it. It's comfortable. It does everything I've ever wanted a mouse to do (mainly move a cursor around…). So why was I seriously considering buying a new one? Was it just because it was new? Was it because mine is going to break at some point so it's good to get one ready while there's a good deal just in case? Or was it simply because it was such a bargain? Because the thing is, a great deal is only a great deal if you actually want what you're buying.


I wonder how much I'm guilty of this in life. Not just when it comes to shopping, but when it comes to the way I live my life, the decisions I make and the things I live for and spend my time doing. How often do I get distracted from the things I have or the things I have dedicated myself to pursuing, for something new? Something that looks attractive but actually adds no value but just incurs a cost no matter how greatly reduced that cost is. Why is it that I can be so easily tempted by these things and what can I do to remind myself of the true value of what I already hold dear?

1 comment:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete