Sunday 13 May 2018

Episode 98 - Singing Songs Without Words


I can play the Ukulele. Not very well, but I can play it. I often like to use it to sing songs to God. Songs that would often be referred to as worship songs. Songs which express to God how I feel. But sometimes there doesn’t seem to be words to express how I feel. And so I just sit and play. Singing a song without any words because God knows what I feel and so I don’t need to use words to share those feelings with Him. And I guess too, that in those moments I need to listen more than I need to speak.
As I write this, I feel the same as I do in those moments. That in a way, my words aren’t necessary. So if you’ll allow me (and even if you won’t because you have no way of telling me that you wish to refuse me permission) I will stop. Instead of typing I will sit still and listen. And if you’d like to join me then I’d like to invite you to spend the next few minutes that you’d normally spend reading my long winded rambling explanation of my thoughts just to sit and listen too. You might find that someone who’s much more worth listening to than me has something to say…

No comments:

Post a Comment