Friday 3 July 2015

Episode 9 - Goodbye and Goodnight PNG




#pngretold - retelling the events of exactly two weeks ago

So today was my last full day in PNG. It’s amazing to think how comfortable I feel here already, such a change in such a short amount of time. I’ve been really blessed by seeing so much in such a short time, it’s really helped me to settle. I did some more repair work in the morning and a bit of teaching to help prepare David for his radio exams too. I have a feeling that teaching here will have different challenges to teaching in England, but it’s nice to know that concentration and desire to learn aren’t going to be problems.

John enjoying the sense of power only gained through the use of a whiteboard

Just before lunch I was taken to ABWE. ABWE is a charity that provides health care and teaching to local communities. We visited the clinic and saw some equipment that we had repaired in the past as well as some that needed looking at. We also saw the classrooms. ABWE are looking at starting lessons in IT and technology and have enquired about how CRMF would feel about supporting them in such a venture. It could be very exciting! Half of the grounds at ABWE is used as a coffee plantation to support the work that they are doing, and the students all grow their own food.

Well that's be sorted for lunch, what's everyone else having?

For lunch CRMF put on a barbeque in honour of my last day. It was really good to have one last chin-wag with all of the guys, although I did feel a little awkward being the centre of attention. I spent the afternoon doing more repairs and teaching. Then I spent th evening being told by John and Wandson that I spoke English wrong! What would a Swiss and a Brazilian know about it! Just because I don’t speak like the queen! We spent the rest of the night on the BBC website searching for different British accents! An oddly fun way to spend my last night in PNG! And so this is it. Goodbye and goodnight PNG, see you in 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment