Sunday 13 December 2020

Episode 156 - Coated in Christ

This weekend I cleaned my cooker. As part of cleaning it I also cleaned the pan supports (the metal things on top of the hob that go over the gas burners – yes I did have to google their name). My pan supports are black. No, not dirty, they’re actually supposed to be that colour. I discovered that, as I scrubbed the burnt on crust that covered it with my metal scourer, to reveal what was underneath. I was amazed though, that whilst my vigorous scrubbing had removed all of the dirt, it hadn’t made a single mark on the finish of the pan supports. After cleaning my oven I went shopping. As I got into my car I noticed all the scratches in the paintwork. I couldn’t help wondering why they don’t coat cars in the same stuff they use on pan supports.

 It’s funny how something can be transformed by what it’s covered in. Something prone to scratching can be made tough by what it’s coated in. A cheap metal can be made beautiful my what it’s plated with. No-one covers an expensive metal with a cheap one, nor do they finish a hardy material with something less suitable for its job. But something inferior or unsuitable can be changed into all that it needs to be by coating it in the right material. The Bible talks a lot about being clothed and covered by Christ. That our imperfections are hidden in His sufficiency for all circumstances. So the next time I feel incapable and unbeautiful, unable, insufficient and fragile, I’ll remember what I’m coated in!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed of herpes in 2015 and I tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from South Africa who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email i bought the herpes herbal medicine and received it through DHL within 7 days and used it as prescribed, i tested negative to herpes virus within 3 weeks of usage. Thanks to Dr Olu  Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com ) or add him on whatsapp line +2348140654426 I got lot of information.

    ReplyDelete