Sunday 30 June 2019

Episode 122 - Keeping Your Feet on the Ground


This week I joined a Frisbee club. I have to admit I was a little nervous having never been part of a Frisbee club, but thankfully no-one took it too seriously and it was a lot of fun. It was a warm sunny day and the ground was dry. The funny thing about grass though, is that even when it’s dry, it’s slippery. On TV it’s the banana skin that’s king of the unexpected slippery substance list, in real life though, grass has to be up there somewhere. Every time I tried to turn quickly or come to a sudden stop, my feet would slide out from underneath me and I would end up in a heap on the ground. The famous expression which extolled the need to keep one’s feet on the ground came to mind. But what does it really mean?
We tend to immediately think it calls for the need to sacrifice excitement, or creativity, or adventure, to make place for caution and sensibility and seriousness. Our culture often tells us that we are either one or the other, that the two cannot coincide. Indeed, I did sacrifice in order to keep my feet on the ground. I moved less, and when I did I moved less suddenly. I did in fact keep my feet on the ground, but at what cost? I became unable to create much space and had to settle for less incisive passing, in short, I became a worse player, but one which was at least stood upright. But if we keep our feet on the ground by not moving at all have we really gained anything at all? 
Well in the end I decided no, I just gave into falling over sometimes. And after the game what really should have been obvious was expressed by one of the other players; what I really needed was a pair of studded boots. Perhaps that’s what we all need life; something to help us adhere our creativity to caution and our seriousness to our adventure. Perhaps even, what our world needs are people who are willing to be those studded boots and hold the two worlds together.

2 comments:

  1. [HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES VIRUS )
    I was diagnosed with GENITAL HERPES VIRUS , my doctor told me it has no permanent cure, this virus affected me so badly that i was so ashamed of my self, this continued until a friend of mine Anna told me about Dr NANA from west Africa who cured her mother from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, I contacted this herbal doctor and he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received it i applied it for 2 week with the instruction and i was totally cured from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS permanently within 7 to 8 days of usage. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr NANA email is been attached to my post reach him for help. add him on Email at drnanaherbalsolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsapp line or call +2347014784614.
    he can also cured this disease,CANCER,ALS,HPV WARTS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,STROKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete