Sunday 1 July 2018

Episode 102 - Three Cheers for the Class of 2018


On Friday I had the privilege to be at my old college as the degree students who started when I started my short course nearly three years ago had their graduation service. It has been amazing to be back with them again, having fun just like we did when I was studying there. Being back again, it was impossible not to think about the two and a half years that had passed since I finished studying at All Nations. It’s strange to think of what I had imagined my future was going to be and then to compare it to what is now. It could be easy to think that I had planned so much but find myself exactly where I was. But of course our plans are not always God’s plans, as it says in proverbs; in his heart a man plots his course but the Lord determines his steps, and God’s plans are always best!
Also, it would be wrong to say that I am in exactly the same place. Yes, the buildings are pretty much the same, the atmosphere is as electric as ever and I’m surrounded by many of the same amazing people, but those same people are not the same as they were. They still have the same unmistakable characters that made them who they were and define who they are, but they are different. They are more. The last three years has changed them. Shaped them. Grown them. Taught them. And I am so incredibly proud of them, not just for getting their degrees, but for who they are. And not just them, but me too, I am not the same. God has changed me. My classes may have looked a little different but I have had the same God shaping me. With God there is no going back, only going forward, even when He takes you back to where you have been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment