Sunday 11 June 2017

Episode 63 – God of This Land


When I was in Papua New Guinea and I drove through the streets, visited the villages and walked through the market places one thought would often come to my mind. What does God want to do in this place? I often wondered what God’s desire for Papua New Guinea and its people was. What He wanted their future to look like. What changes He’d like to make to their culture, their politics, and their lives. And what I could do to help this happen. I had many, many different thoughts about this during my time in PNG, but two things always stayed the same; God’s ultimate desire was for the people of PNG to know Him, and that this always started with those who already knew Him. Furthermore it was always those who both knew God and who knew the culture of PNG intimately who were in the best place to make these changes.

Something I drew once

I have to confess that since coming back to England, when I drive through the streets, visit town centres and walk to the shops, the thought of what God wants to do here in England has very rarely come to my mind. To be honest I don’t know why that is, but I do know that I want it to change. I want God to move in this place as much as I do in PNG and I know that His desire here is for people to come to know Him just like it is in PNG. Furthermore it is those who both know God and who know the culture of Britain intimately who are in the best place to make these changes – and this time, that’s me! I don’t know how long I’ll be here, or what God wants me to do while I am here, but I know now is the time to ask Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment