Sunday 29 October 2017

Episode 83 - Space, Time and Energy


Throughout most of my life there have been things that I have really wanted to do, but never seemed to have the time. I now find myself in a place where I seem to have all the time in the world, but I don’t have the energy to do anything! It seems like some kind of cruel irony. Of course the truth of the matter is that if I did have the energy, then I wouldn’t have the time because I’d be busy with other things. All of this leads to a very interesting question; “did I really want to do those things after all?” Or at the very least; “how much did I really want to do those things?”
Sometimes our limited time makes us want to rush...
when really it should make us slow down and appreciate what we've got.


A simple if not particularly cheery truth about life, is that it only lasts so long. So we all have a limited amount of time to use, and I guess for most of us, there are more things that we’d like to do than there is time in our lives. At first that might sound slightly depressing, but it’s actually really exciting; it means that there are enough things of value in this world to keep us busy right up to our very last days! It does however raise one very important question; how do I really want to spend my time? It occurs to me that either I’ve spent too much time getting distracted from the things that I really want to do by things that are not so important to me, or I’ve spent too much time wishing I could do things that aren’t nearly as important to me as the things that already fill my life up and I should be spending much more of my time appreciating them! I’m not sure which it is yet, I suspect probably a bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment