Sunday 15 October 2017

Episode 81 - Sanguma

I may have only lived in Papua New Guinea for little over 6 months, but it and it's people are and will always be firmly placed upon my heart. There is much that I openly talk about with anyone who will listen, but there are other things that I am much less willing to talk about these. This is because I am very aware that my meagre 6 months leaves me painfully ill equipped and lacking in knowledge of such subjects. Sanguma is one of these topics. Whilst there are many wonderful beautiful things about Papua New Guinean culture, like anywhere in the world, it also has it's own unique struggles too. Sanguma is one of these troubles and I recently came a cross an article that explains a bit about it far better than I could, so I wanted to share it with you. MAF even get a mention! You can read it here.

The Beautiful PNG

No comments:

Post a Comment