Sunday 11 December 2016

Episode 37 - Love

As I've been thinking about the love that God has shown to me in so many ways, I thought that this week I would share a poem with you that I wrote sometime ago. Sorry if you've heard it before or if poetry isn't really your thing...



Love



The friendship of a friend shared with his brother
The years of service to a child from her mother
With each different meaning, the Greeks give a new name
Yet the most verbose English always use the same
But what in reality does this word really mean
Are all of these things really all that they seem
We’ve all heard it said that it’s the air that we breathe
And the Beatles said that it’s all that we need
But then they also said that there were eight days in a week
So can we really believe anything they speak?
We seem to be filled with a great romantic notion
With songs and poetry all spun into motion
With warm fuzzy feelings and laughter and cheer
Sadness and sorrow don’t have a place here
But this in fact is only part of the tale
Without a strong wind our ship will not sail
We’re eating the icing without the rest of the cake
And making ourselves sick we say for loves sake
We have become gluttons who eat just to get fat
But true love is much more than just all of that
For love is more than just falling in love
More than just feeling like a hand in a glove
It’s about standing a lasting and building others up
It’s about pouring out your riches to fill anothers cup
It’s a choice made in the knowledge that all won’t be good
But still being willing to fight together against the flood
About helping someone through when life becomes tough
And caring first about them and not all that other stuff
And love on this earth has one shining example
A small taste of which I wish you to sample
The God of the heavens that made all that we know
Wanted on us His love to bestow
Such was His desire for us to know him
He sent his true son to pay for our sin
This son was made man to live on the earth
To give up all that His heavenly riches were worth
To die on a cross for the love of us all
That we might not pay the price of our fall
That we might know what true love is
That He is ours and we are His

5 comments:

  1. Definitely the best Christmas present :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Joey! You are so gifted with words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joey that's great and true.just spoken to your grandma Edith and had a good chat.be assured of our prayers at this time xx Anne and Stan Chedgzoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to dr.ezomo for his good work I never believe that ALS has cure, I was ALS over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how
    dr.ezomo cure ALS and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
    that he cant cure ALS I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
    night luckily to me he replied me, but I dont believe him I thought it was
    a scam but I still hold on to see the work of Dr ezomo if he is saying the
    truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
    waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
    up and I went for ALStest I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
    grateful to God for using Dr ezomo to cure me, that is the reason why i
    decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
    Dr ezomo to you all around the world,contact him on his Email dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
    dr.ezomo for helping me at this young age if you need help contact,
    He can also cure so many sickness
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}Epilepsy
    {4}Blood Cancer
    {5}HPV
    {7}ALS
    {8}Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete