Sunday 9 April 2017

Episode 54 – When everything stays the same

Sometimes writing a blog can be hard. Every week I write about the things that have happen to me that week. The things that I’ve seen, the things that I’ve done. The things that are new, that are different, that are interesting. But some weeks there seems to be nothing to say. Nothing has happened, nothing has been done. There’s nothing new, nothing has changed, everything has stayed the same. Sometimes life can seem a little ordinary. The same things day after day. It’s always the new, the different and the exciting that get our attention, but very rarely the things that are always there, the things that just seem to be. The consistent, the enduring, the loyal, the faithful. These things too often get over looked. And that’s why I am thankful for weeks like these, they may not make the most interesting blog posts, but they make me realise what I have in my life that I too easily forgot to appreciate. The fact that I have never been in need of food or shelter, water or warmth. The fact that I have always been surrounded by wonderful friends who faithfully support me in the good times and the bad. My amazing family who have always been with me and loved me loyally, even when I’ve not been easy to live with or done stupid things. The list is amazingly long from the profound to the seemingly insignificant, but it all culminates into one thing; my God. My faithful, enduring, everlasting God. Who never changes and never changes His mind about me, even though I give Him every reason to. He who is faithful to me, even when I am unfaithful. Whose love for me is constantly enduring, even when mine feels like it is running out. Whose character is consistent forever, even when I am inconsistent and fickle. I hope I never complain about my life staying the same (although I know I almost certainly will) because what I have is so very much more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment