Sunday 12 March 2017

Episode 50 - Singing Songs to God

As I was sat in Church this morning singing songs to God, I thought about how powerful music is for sharing how we feel with God. I thought about how we not only show are feelings through the words, but also how we reflect our cultural identity through the style of the songs we sing too. I thought about how different many of the songs I heard sung to God in Papua New Guinea were to the ones I was singing, and I thought that I'd like to share what that sounds and feels like with you. I also thought that I wouldn't know how to begin describing it. And then I realised that I didn't need to. Instead I'm making the most of the amazing internet connection I enjoy here in England (that's right, the one I used to complain about being really slow) and just share some songs with you! So here they are, thanks goes to the Bena Bridge Chorus Singers for letting me share them.


No comments:

Post a Comment