Sunday 23 August 2020

Episode 146 - Love is a choice

There’s an old story of a woman who had grown to detest her husband. She goes to her lawyer and tells him that she wants to divorce her husband. Not only that but she really wanted to hurt him and take him for everything that he had. The lawyer thought about this and replied that if she really wanted to hurt him what she should do is to spend the next month being the perfect wife, doting on her husband and acting like she really loved him with all of her heart. The woman looked confused so the lawyer explained, this way your husband will become dependent upon you and see you as the most wonderful thing in his life and then when you divorce him you will take away everything he could ever want in life and hurt him more than anything else could. The woman began to smile realising how clever the lawyers plan was and agreed to do just as he suggested. A month passed by, the lawyer had the divorce papers ready, but he didn’t hear from the woman. Another month passed and still nothing. After the third month the lawyer decided to call the woman and ask if everything was okay. She said that life had never been better. When He asked if she still wanted to go through with the divorce the woman replied, “oh no! when I acted like I loved my husband, I realised that I really did love him after all”.

It's perhaps a silly and twee story, but it makes a clear point. Love is a curious thing (I mean all types of love, not just romantic love). We know that it’s a feeling, in fact this is what is most clearly expressed by our culture; warm fuzzy feelings and butterflies in the stomach. But we also know that it’s an action; we show love by the things we do. Lastly it’s also a choice we make; we chose to love. Or do we? I think we’ve all probably felt love for someone without choosing to feel that way. Then we have to choose what we do about it, we can act upon it or not. But conversely, we can feel no love for someone and still choose whether or not we act in love. As a Christian I believe that I am only able to love God because He first loved me. He revealed Himself to me and showed me who He was. Recently I’ve been reading the book of Deuteronomy and Chapter 30 showed be something even deeper about this. It says that I’m not able to choose to love God, but it makes an offer, with a promise. It says that if I choose to act like I love God with all I am, then He will make it so that I am able to love with all that I am. Love is a choice. But the choice is how we act not how we feel. Our feelings follow our actions, if we live the other way around then we forfeit our choice.

3 comments:

  1. Well spoken. If you rely on love just being a feeling, you won’t last long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello viewers around the Globe, Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficult to enlarge Penis is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via Whats App : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enalarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.  

      Once again God bless you Dr. Olu for what you have done in my life.  





































      Hello viewers around the Globe, Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficult to enlarge Penis is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatment which is not helpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via Whats App : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enalarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.  

      Once again God bless you Dr. Olu for what you have done in my life.  

      Delete
  2. After 9 years in marriage with my hubby{TONY DWAYNE} with 3 kids, my husband{TONY DWAYNE} started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet Dr. ikhide who help people with the relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 24hours my husband {TONY DWAYNE} came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he his with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem at email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081
    so you can also be happy just like me and dont be ashamed contact this dr ikhide today and fix all your problems/issues here is the contact via email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081

































    After 9 years in marriage with my hubby{TONY DWAYNE} with 3 kids, my husband{TONY DWAYNE} started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet Dr. ikhide who help people with the relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 24hours my husband {TONY DWAYNE} came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he his with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem at email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081
    so you can also be happy just like me and dont be ashamed contact this dr ikhide today and fix all your problems/issues here is the contact via email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081

    ReplyDelete