Monday 25 May 2020

Episode 135 - Stay Safe

Working as an engineer in a hospital, PPE (personal protective equipment) is something I often have to wear, whether it's a face mask to prevent the spread of germs, safety boots to protect my toes from falling objects or UV glasses to protect my eyes from harmful light that they can't see. I'm pretty good at recognising what can hurt me physically and at taking measures to protect myself from possible harm. I wonder if I'm so good when it comes to dangers that aren't physical.

Whether its negative comments and other people's expectations that lower my self esteem, or worries and distractions that take my mind away from what I want to focus on, or even grudges and offence I hold that cause broken relationships, there are many dangers that my mind faces everyday that on the whole I often treat with a careless disregard. I wonder if it's a resignation to the inevitability of such things which cause me not to try to stop them and a bewilderment as to how to protect myself that causes me to ignore that there's even a potential problem at all. As I think about it now, I realise that the best thing I can do to protect myself is not to avoid the danger or to shield myself from it, but to look inside myself. True resilience to such things comes from really knowing myself, knowing who I want (and choose) to be, and accepting and being happy in those things. And for me, that comes from knowing God; knowing who God made me to be, knowing who I am in and through Him, and knowing that He loves me even when I fall short.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Joey. The write is timely. I am really blessed. Blessings from PNG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542 

      Delete
  2. Re A Trail Of Perfume, I'm sorry if I have offended you Joey as the comment was intended to be humorous but if the 'negative comment' offended you then I am truly sorry.

    ReplyDelete